Town Center Building Renovations and New Town Signage
The Town Center building, which is home to the Town offices, was originally built in 1888 and served as the Town's high school. The Town acquired the building from the School District in 1982 and the building underwent major renovations during the next few years. Due to the age of the building there are capital projects planned in 2018 that include; replacing the flat roofs, lobby improvements, renovating the bathrooms, updating the kitchen area used by the staff and, most importantly, replacing the entrance doors on the first floor so that they are ADA compliant.
There will be new outdoor signage marking the entrances to the Town, the Hommocks Ice Rink and the Town Center. The signs at the Town Center have not been updated in over 30 years!