- Keep garbage in an enclosure or garage to keep all animals away.
- Supervise young children outside.
- Do not let pets outside alone.
- When walking dogs in the evening, carry a stick or golf club and flashlight and make loud noises if you see a coyote.
- Should you encounter any animal that appears to be displaying peculiar behavior or is aggressive, contact the Town Police Department at 381.6100 and they will determine what action is necessary. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
More Information is Available:
Please click here for more information regarding coyotes from the NY State Department of Conservation: https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/6971.html
An informational session for the community was held on Tuesday, Oct. 30th at the Mamaroneck Senior Center. If you missed it, it was recorded by LMCTV. Please click here to view the session online or can call LMCTV at 914-381-2002 x203 and request that LMCTV rebroadcast the session.
Please check the Town's Facebook pages for any related updates: https://www.facebook.com/townofmamaroneckenvironment/ or https://www.facebook.com/TownofMamaroneckNY/.