Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The following regulations apply to organic waste material set out for collection:
What is organic waste? Organic waste refers to yard clippings that the Sanitation Commission picks up each year beginning April 1. This primarily includes grass clippings and leaves loose in a trash can or a bag (see details below). Branches can also be set out, cut into 4' lengths, bundled and tied and put on the ground next to the bags or cans of loose yard waste.
Please be sure to follow all yard waste collection regulations:
- Yard waste is collected on your second garbage collection day which is either Thursday or Friday
- Yard waste may not be set out earlier than the night before collection
- Yard waste must be set out in either compostable brown bags or in a clean garbage can. Plastic bags are unacceptable
- The Commission will NOT collect more than five (5) bags or five (5) cans of yard waste in any one collection. Excess material may be brought to the Maxwell Avenue Recycling Center by residents only. Landscapers/Gardeners may not bring material to the facility
- Bags/Cans of yard waste may not weigh more than 75lbs.
- Yard waste may not be mixed with food scraps.